Rezension zu "The Summer Proposal"


 

Allgemeines

Titel: The Summer Proposal
Autor: Vi Keeland
Verlag: Selfpublish
Seitenzahl: 340
Preis: 13,90 Euro (englisches Original)
Bisher keine deutsche Übersetzung

Klappentext

The first time I met Max Yearwood was on a blind date.
Max was insanely gorgeous, funny, and our chemistry was off the charts. He also had the biggest dimples I’d ever laid eyes on.
Exactly what I needed after my breakup.
Or so I thought…
Until my 
real date arrived.
Turned out, Max wasn’t who I was there to meet. He only pretended to be until my 
real date showed up.
To say I was disappointed would be an understatement.
Before he left, he slipped me a ticket to a hockey game a few blocks away, in case things didn’t work out on my actual date.
I tossed the ticket into my purse and went about trying to enjoy the man I was supposed to meet.
But my real blind date and I had no connection.
So on my way home, I decided to take a chance and stop by the game.
When I arrived, the seat next to me was empty.
Disappointed again, I decided to leave at the end of the period.
Just before the buzzer, one of the teams scored, and the entire arena went crazy.
A player’s face flashed up on the Jumbotron. He was wearing a helmet, but I froze when he smiled.
You guessed it: 
Dimples.
Apparently, my fake blind date hadn’t invited me to 
watch hockey with him, he’d invited me to watch him play.
And so began my adventure with Max Yearwood.
He was everything I needed at the time—fun, sexy, up for anything, and only around for a few months since he’d signed with a new team three-thousand miles away.
Max proposed we spend the summer helping me forget my ex. It sounded like a good plan. Things couldn’t get too serious when we had an expiration date. 
Right?
Though, you know what they say about the best-laid plans.

Meine Meinung zum Inhalt

Wie geht der Spruch: Ein neuer Vi Keeland Roman und man hat einen guten Tag vor sich?
Nein? Ich bin dafür, dass es diesen Spruch gäbe, denn mit dieser Autorin fahre ich seit Jahren schon absolut richtig. 
Auch mit The Summer Proposal konnte sie mich wieder vollends abholen, und zwar so sehr, dass es dieser Keeland-Roman zu meinen allerliebsten geschafft hat.

"What is your type?"
Max shrugged. "Not sure I have a usual type. But I can tell you what I really like in a woman."
- "Okay..."
"You. You're what I really like in a woman."

Es war wieder unglaublich humorvoll, sodass man unzählig oft etwas zum Lachen und Schmunzeln hat. Der Schreibstil zieht einen absolut in den Bann und an manchen Stellen wird es auch ein bisschen trauriger, da es viel mehr in die Tiefe geht. Wer eine 0815 Liebesgeschichte sucht, die nur an der Oberfläche kratzt, ist hier falsch.
Das Beste sind aber immer Vis Charaktere. Dieses Mal hatten Max und Georgia eine unglaublich starke Anziehung, man hat deren Chemie förmlich zwischen den Seiten gespürt. Die Story hat sich auch so entwickelt, dass die beiden Stück für Stück eine tiefe Beziehung zueinander aufgebaut haben, also nichts mit "Liebe auf den ersten Blick".

Georgia war eine starke, erfolgreiche Businessfrau und Max ein charmanter, witziger, selbstbewusster Eishockeyplayer. Beide sind in ihren Berufsfeldern aufgegangen und haben miteinander über ihre Probleme geredet, sodass es keinerlei unnötiges Drama gegeben hat und man die Geschichte von vorne bis hinten genießen konnte!

Fazit

Eine große Empfehlung von meiner Seite, wenn ihr nach einer leichten, witzigen Liebesgeschichte sucht, die starke, kommunikationsfähige Charakter hat, die einen emotional mitnehmen.
5/5 Sterne und ein Jahreshighlight.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts